It’s easy to understand why Australians love a coastal-inspired aesthetic when we enjoy some of the best coastlines in the world. However, drawing inspiration from our coastal surroundings and applying this in your home interior can be easier said than done. Start by creating a mood board that depicts an array of inspirational images and a suggested colour palette to give you a sense of the overall look and feel of your ideal coastal-inspired space.
Key elements to consider:
- Strive for warmth in your neutrals, ie sandy colours and blonde timbers.
- Too much white and grey will feel cold
- True navy is like a neutral, it will stand the test of time.
- Brushed brass adds warmth and sophistication to a coastal scheme.
- If your budget allows for wall panelling, you won’t regret it.
- Contrasting patterns and scale add interest and personality.
Click here to read more on What is Coastal Interior Design Style?